Thursday, June 14, 2012

The One Tradition I Will Never Ever Break


Hello fella readers!
Today I’m gonna talk about what is the one tradition that I will never ever break!

Well,
I know this tradition is really very simple.
Maybe it is not even important to you readers out there.
And it is actually not considered as a tradition at all.
But for me,
It is very important that the special days are to celebrate with family,
And that is actually a tradition for me.

If you have read my blog before this,
I think you will know that I’m from a single-parent family.
My dad raised three kids,
Including me,
Since I was only a 5-year-old kid.
There’s always been only the four of us for all the special days.
However,
I was still never appreciate the moment spent with family,
Because I still have relatives who can gather together for festive seasons such as CNY.

When I was 9,
My dad was transferred to KL for work purpose.
And since then,
All the festive seasons got lonelier.
I’m not from a wealthy family,
So I can’t be travelling back to my hometown (Sabah) anytime I wanted to.
And for this reason,
My dad and my siblings and I were always celebrating those festive seasons in KL.

Then,
I started to realize how grateful and thankful it is to have the time spent together with family.
CNY, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas, Birthdays, etc.
I’ll always make time and make sure that I get to celebrate all these festive seasons with my family,
No matter how busy I am,
Or how occupied I am.

Even for normal days,
Even though I have to work during the days,
I will make sure that I get to go home and dinner with my family.

I know it is hard to believe.
People will say,
Where got girls who got boyfriends will make time for family one??
Well,
I am that girl who will make time for family even if I have a boyfriend.

Even if I have anniversary to be celebrated with my boyfriend this weekend,
And he’s in Malacca,
I’ll just travel down Malacca tomorrow night and come back up on Sunday morning to accompany my dad for Father’s Day.
Because I know how much that day meant to me,
To show that I love my Dad.
And how my Dad will feel when I remembers this special day.

Sometimes,
You don’t have to say it out loud to show how much you care.
A simple dinner,
A simple action,
Shows everything in your heart.

The one tradition that I will never ever break in my life?

To show love to my family endlessly


*happy father’s day!*

No comments:

Post a Comment